Satellite Operations Technician
Work Location: Houston, TX
TThe technician will provide Tier 2/3 Operations Support for a global satellite/terrestrial IP network infrastructure. As an integral part of our team, the technician’s responsibilities will include some shift work, including some weekends and holidays. This position is based in OneWeb Technologies’ facilities at the Ellington Field Joint Reserve Military Base in Houston, Texas.
- Configure, operate and maintain RF systems including: iDirect Hubs and modems, UP/Downconverters, BUCs, LNBs, HPAs, and supporting infrastructure.
- Resolve customer issues related to satellite transmission; support complex system installations and startup at customer sites.
- Monitor satellite transponder configurations and performance, in real-time, and report conditions and irregularities to the team lead.
- Open and track trouble tickets to resolve network and/or remote terminal issues maintaining timely and accurate records.
- Analyze and resolve end user hardware and software issues in a timely and accurate manner; providing end user training as required.
- Perform basic IP Networking tasks, including configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of layer 2 and 3 devices.
- Coordinate staging, migrations and upgrades of the system. Maintain awareness of service changes with vendors and other stakeholders.
- Perform regular (preventive) and corrective maintenance to network devices including iDirect Hubs, Cisco routers and switches, and traditional and virtual servers.
- Identify performance issues and recommend/implement corrections. Identify alarm correlations and appropriate response actions.
- Perform basic system administration tasks.
- Associate’s in Computer Science or equivalent or 2 years direct experience related to the required skills specified.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government DoD Secret Clearance.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Understanding of IP and RF troubleshooting procedures.
- Ability and willingness to work in a scheduled 24x7 environment including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of Radio Frequency theory and operations.
- Solid background of Cisco IOS and networking (TCP/IP, IPSEC, Routing and Firewalls), WAN and LAN technologies is required.
- Current A+, Net+, SEC+ desired.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About OneWeb Technologies
OneWeb Technologies is the premier global provider of innovative, secure satellite communications (SATCOM) application solutions.
We uniquely combine extensive satellite access and expansive terrestrial capacity with highly effective applications to deliver best-fit, custom end-to-end solutions. For customers requiring instant, robust and easily deployable connectivity, our solutions provide maximum reliability across a wide range of applications.
From broadband Internet access, VoIP and voice, video conferencing and data communications for business continuity to emergency response, tactical field deployment and temporary usage, OneWeb Technologies delivers the ideal satellite communications solution.
OneWeb Technologies provides paramount services, supported by a highly experienced engineering team that is dedicated to setting industry standards, developing secure networks and delivering unparalleled customer service.
The only satellite communications provider with its own network infrastructure and 24/7 primary Network Operations Center located on a secure military base, OneWeb Tecnologies unparalleled global network, industry experience, ISO 9001:2015 registered customer satisfaction processes and engineering expertise exceeds the security and reliability standards of our customers.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.